The Health Promotion Program provides the foundation to empower our community to make better and more informed decisions about their health from a holistic perspective.
HIV Care & Prevention
- We provide case management and navigation for folks living with HIV or at risk of HIV. Referrals for primary care, mental health, food insecurities, homelessness and housing, PrEP and legal services. All referrals are LGBTQ friendly and include legal name changes and trans care (e.g. procedures and hormone therapy).
- We offer groups that address safe sex practices and healthy relationships for sexually active women (cis and trans women) over 18 years of age.
- We offer workshops to build skills around proper condom use and condom negotiation for sexually active women and men over 18 years of age.
Support with Chronic Diseases
- We provide you with a pediatric community health worker for children living with asthma and other chronic diseases (e.g. ADHD and Autism).
- We provide you with a geriatric community health worker for elderly persons living with diabetes and other chronic diseases (e.g. Cancer and Heart Disease).
- Your community health worker will follow-up with you twice per month to assist you with treatment management and access to care as well as address any barriers to care or treatment that you experience.
Health Insurance Enrollment
- We provide in-person/virtual application assistance and renewals for Medicaid, Child Health Plus, NY State of Health Qualified (e.g. Health First, Fidelis Care, Metroplus, Affinity, United Health Care, Emblem Health, Empire, and other HMOs). Qualifications: person must have a social security number, passport, state ID, or proof of legal residency in NYC.
- We provide access to emergency Medicaid for undocumented persons. Qualifications: passport, proof address in NYC, and an email address.
Maternal Infant Health
- We work to improve the health and well-being of women, pregnant people, infants, children, and families through workshops/educational sessions, and exercise/activity classes.
- We offer free yoga on a weekly basis (Wednesdays from 6-8p).
- We provide monthly workshops on various topics including Toxic Stress & Trauma, Women’s Health, Family Planning, and Breastfeeding.
Access To Mental Services
We partner with THRIVE, which is a new mental health program that offers free to low-cost mental health services including access to licensed therapists and medication treatment and management.
We will have an intake with you, then refer you to either Jacobi Medical Center or Elmhurst Hospital for all of your mental health needs. Your appointments with the hospital can either be in-person or virtual. If you choose to do a virtual visit, we can provide you with a computer at our site.
All persons 18 years of age and older qualify. For persons under 18 years of age, the services are limited to substance abuse.
Yoga: Maternal Infant
Health Breast Feeding
Regular Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
We are open in the evening for some specific programmatic events.
715 W. 179th Street, corner of Fort Washington Ave. New York, NY 10033